This is MSI’s new Claw 8 EX AI Plus gaming handheld
🖥 PC, Multi-platformNews
🎮 This#Entertainment#Gadgets#Gaming#Microsoft#News

This is MSI’s new Claw 8 EX AI Plus gaming handheld

The Verge » Games RSS FeedJess Weatherbed2 min read(3 months ago)

Overview & Key Takeaways

MSI has unveiled a new Claw 8 handheld gaming PC ahead of the Computex 2026 show, and this model swaps out its predecessors' Intel Lunar Lake mobile chip for a specialized handheld processor. MSI describes the Claw 8 EX AI Plus as being the "world's first" handheld to contain the recently announced Intel Arc G3 […]

MSI has unveiled a new Claw 8 handheld gaming PC ahead of the Computex 2026 show, and this model swaps out its predecessors’ Intel Lunar Lake mobile chip for a specialized handheld processor. MSI describes the Claw 8 EX AI Plus as being the “world’s first” handheld to contain the recently announced Intel Arc G3 Extreme processor, which features an array of Xe3 GPU cores to run games.

We should note that the Acer Predator Atlas 8 and OneXPlayer 3 gaming handhelds are also expected to launch with these chips, but MSI may be the first out of the gate. The Claw 8 EX AI Plus also has a single NVME M.2 SSD slot for gaming and data storage, and supports up to 32GB of dual-channel LPDDR5x memory, though MSI hasn’t specified what RAM configurations will be available. The launch date and price also haven’t been announced yet, but the previous MSI Claw 8 AI Plus was $1,000 when it launched last year.

What we do know is that the new MSI Claw 8 EX AI Plus features an eight-inch 1920 x 1200 touchscreen that runs at up to 120Hz. It also has a new chassis design with updated grips that aim to be more comfortable during long gaming sessions, alongside Hall effect triggers and sticks that offer more precise control. MSI says a new high-end linear motor has been introduced for faster and improved haptic feedback and “improved power efficiency” — though it didn’t mention how long you can expect the battery to last.

Only one color option seems to be available, which MSI describes as “Void Purple.” We’ll have to wait and see how it fares for actual gaming performance, but it can’t be worse than MSI’s disastrous first attempt at delivering a powerful gaming handheld.

Share:

More in PC, Multi-platform

PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Won’t Say Why🖥 PlayStation, PC, Multi-platform

PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Won’t Say Why

It appears Sony is preparing to remove an entire studio's library from the PlayStation Store after August 23, according to Ukrainian developer Ternox Games. The developer behind Stonks-9800(https://www.gamespot.com/games/stonks-9800-stock-market-simulator/), a stock market sim with an '80s vibe, took to X on August 16(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708) to reveal the news. Ternox Games stated that, without any reason, their contract with Sony was "unilaterally terminated" and all of their games will be pulled soon. And now, Stonks-9800--which has been in Steam Early Access since July 2023 and has an "overwhelmingly positive" rating on the platform--will no longer make its way to PS5 as a result of this termination. https://twitter.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708 "Sony PlayStation unilaterally terminated my PlayStation developer and publisher agreement without giving me any reason," the developer wrote. "My existing games are scheduled to be removed from the PlayStation Store after August 23." In a follow-up X post(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021555342823477), Ternox Games said PlayStation Support "refuses to listen to my arguments or even respond to my emails in any way." As a result, Stonks-9800 is no longer launching on PlayStation 5, and they will no longer be able to self-publish on PlayStation. 13 games, some of which Ternox Games published, will be pulled after August 23. "I had hoped to release the PS5 version in 2027 and make a physical disc edition while that was still possible," the studio continued. "Sadly, that will not happen--but I'll do my best to create a physical edition for PC and Switch. I'm really sorry that this happened and that I failed the developers whose games I published. But there's nothing I can do about it now, unfortunately. I still have a tiny bit of hope that this decision will be reconsidered, so please share this message if you can." It's unclear why this is happening since Ternox Games' titles doesn't appear to fall under the shovelware category. However, due to Sony's "stricter guidelines" on shovelware(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys-stricter-guidelines-on-shovelware-playstation-games-are-reportedly-targeting-more-developers/), and the company's intent to remove as many of these games as possible(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-cracks-down-on-over-1000-digital-playstation-games-from-the-same-publisher/1100-6537423/), some online have suggested that Ternox Games got caught in the crossfire. Sony has been in hot water lately, especially following the announcement that the company plans to stop producing physical PlayStation discs in January 2028(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-confirms-playstation-disc-production-will-end-in-2028/). Under just about every post and video the company puts out are comments(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-tries-to-change-the-subject-after-killing-playstation-discs/) from netizens decrying Sony's decision. It's come to the point where over 220,000 people have signed a petition(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/over-220000-people-petition-sony-not-to-kill-physical-playstation-game-discs/) urging the company to change its mind.

🎮 PS5 Game Dev Says Sony
GameSpotNewsabout 4 hours ago
Mortal Shell 2 Reviews Say It's One of 2026's Best New Soulslikes🖥 PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Multi-platform

Mortal Shell 2 Reviews Say It's One of 2026's Best New Soulslikes

Mortal Shell 2 is a hit with critics, as the Soulslike sequel is reviewing much better than its predecessor.

🎮 Mortal Shell 2
PolygonNewsabout 6 hours ago
Disney Is Bringing Fortnite Into Its Real-World Star Wars Rides🖥 PC, Multi-platform

Disney Is Bringing Fortnite Into Its Real-World Star Wars Rides

Disney invested more than $1.5 billion into Epic Games to help create synergies between Fortnite and the company's lucrative theme park business, and now how that integration works is coming to light. As revealed at Disney's D23 event(https://disneyparksblog.com/disney-experiences/smugglers-gambit-fortnite-disney/) this weekend, Fortnite is integrating with the Smuggler's Run ride at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. For anyone just catching up, Smugglers Run(https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/millennium-falcon-smugglers-run/) is an interactive motion simulator attraction that has six people piling into the Millennium Falcon as they work together to collect crates for the fan-favorite pirate, Hondo(https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/HondoOhnaka). With this new Fortnite collaboration, those crates will now unlock content in the game. !(https://www.gamespot.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/08/Smugglers.png?w=636) Here's how it works. Connected to this, Fortnite is adding a new Fortnite island called Smugglers Gambit, which takes place around Mersa Veta Station on the planet Ord Ryla. "You’ll team up with friends, take on co-op missions, battle pirates and Imperial remnants, encounter dangerous wildlife, unlock new gear, and build your reputation across the Outer Rim," reads a line from the description. "And because this is Hondo we’re talking about, there are plenty of opportunities for things to go wonderfully right… or spectacularly wrong." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yYz8kg4o People need to connect their Epic Games and MyDisney accounts for this to work. This integration is already live, having launched on Sunday, August 16 at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. One of the first perks is the Forsworn Trooper Outfit, which you can see in the image above. Disney's CEO, Josh D'Amaro, is a big believer in video games(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/disney-close-to-naming-next-ceo-might-be-someone-who-wants-to-do-more-in-gaming-report/1100-6537819/) and was personally spearheading the company's investment and collaboration with Epic Games. Beyond this new partnership, D'Amaro has said one day people may be able to buy Disney Cruise Line tickets inside Fortnite or watch a Disney movie(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/disneys-new-ceo-teases-future-fortnite-collaborations-including-movie-premieres/1100-6538070/). Additionally, Disney is said to be working on an Arc Raiders-style game to be released in Fortnite(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fortnite-adding-an-arc-raiders-style-game-with-disney-characters-report/1100-6539344/).

🎮 Fortnite🎮 Disney
GameSpotNewsabout 6 hours ago