Razer’s Blade 18 is getting a $500 price hike and a new Intel chip
🖥 PC, Multi-platformNews
🎮 s Blade 18#Gadgets#Gaming#Laptops#News#PC Gaming

Razer’s Blade 18 is getting a $500 price hike and a new Intel chip

The Verge » Games RSS FeedAntonio G. Di Benedetto2 min read(3 months ago)

Overview & Key Takeaways

Razer just announced a new Blade 18 gaming laptop with an Intel Core Ultra 9 290HX Plus chip. The flagship laptop is available now on Razer's site, starting at $3,999.99 with an Nvidia RTX 5070 Ti and configurable with up to an RTX 5090. That starting config is $500 more than the 2025 model with […]

Razer just announced a new Blade 18 gaming laptop with an Intel Core Ultra 9 290HX Plus chip. The flagship laptop is available now on Razer’s site, starting at $3,999.99 with an Nvidia RTX 5070 Ti and configurable with up to an RTX 5090. That starting config is $500 more than the 2025 model with the same GPU, and it comes a year after the 2025 Blade 18 got a price increase before even going on sale.

The new Blade 18 seems very much like a chip bump from Intel Arrow Lake to Arrow Lake Refresh. It has the same GPU offerings as last year and once again a unique dual-mode 18-inch display. Razer claims the screen is 20 percent brighter this year, and it can still run at either a high resolution 3840 x 2400 with speedy 240Hz or 1920 x 1200 at an ultra-fast 440Hz. That’s a super high refresh rate for a laptop screen, but 1200p across an 18-inch display of course won’t look nearly as crisp as 4K. The 2026 Blade 18 also maintains a plethora of connectivity, including Thunderbolt 5, HDMI 2.1, three USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 ports, an SD card slot, and even ethernet.

Razer is no stranger to high prices, but the Blades keep getting more expensive. In addition to the Blade 18’s price hikes, the smaller Intel Panther Lake-based Blade 16 also costs more than when it was announced in March. It started at $3,499.99 with an RTX 5080 and $4,499.99 with an RTX 5090, but those prices on Razer’s site are now $3,999.99 ($500 more) and $4,899.99 ($400 more), respectively.

Razer did not respond to questions from The Verge about the reason for these increases by the time of publication, but the Blades seem to be yet another victim of RAMageddon

Share:

More in PC, Multi-platform

This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard is just $35🖥 PC, Multi-platform

This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard is just $35

Are you curious about custom mechanical keyboards, but don’t want to spend hundreds just to get started without being sure you’ll enjoy the hobby? You can grab the 65-percent Glorious GMMK 3 mechanical keyboard at Woot for $34.99 (usually $139.99) by entering the coupon code WOOTGAMING at checkout, and first-time Woot customers will get an &8230;

🎮 This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard
TheNewsabout 6 hours ago
Bethesda Warns Skyrim & Fallout 4 Players of Mod-breaking Update🖥 PC, Multi-platform

Bethesda Warns Skyrim & Fallout 4 Players of Mod-breaking Update

Steam players on PC will be especially affected once Bethesda releases the patches for its RPGs on August 18.

🎮 Skyrim🎮 Fallout
PolygonNewsabout 7 hours ago
PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Won’t Say Why🖥 PlayStation, PC, Multi-platform

PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Won’t Say Why

It appears Sony is preparing to remove an entire studio's library from the PlayStation Store after August 23, according to Ukrainian developer Ternox Games. The developer behind Stonks-9800(https://www.gamespot.com/games/stonks-9800-stock-market-simulator/), a stock market sim with an '80s vibe, took to X on August 16(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708) to reveal the news. Ternox Games stated that, without any reason, their contract with Sony was "unilaterally terminated" and all of their games will be pulled soon. And now, Stonks-9800--which has been in Steam Early Access since July 2023 and has an "overwhelmingly positive" rating on the platform--will no longer make its way to PS5 as a result of this termination. https://twitter.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708 "Sony PlayStation unilaterally terminated my PlayStation developer and publisher agreement without giving me any reason," the developer wrote. "My existing games are scheduled to be removed from the PlayStation Store after August 23." In a follow-up X post(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021555342823477), Ternox Games said PlayStation Support "refuses to listen to my arguments or even respond to my emails in any way." As a result, Stonks-9800 is no longer launching on PlayStation 5, and they will no longer be able to self-publish on PlayStation. 13 games, some of which Ternox Games published, will be pulled after August 23. "I had hoped to release the PS5 version in 2027 and make a physical disc edition while that was still possible," the studio continued. "Sadly, that will not happen--but I'll do my best to create a physical edition for PC and Switch. I'm really sorry that this happened and that I failed the developers whose games I published. But there's nothing I can do about it now, unfortunately. I still have a tiny bit of hope that this decision will be reconsidered, so please share this message if you can." It's unclear why this is happening since Ternox Games' titles doesn't appear to fall under the shovelware category. However, due to Sony's "stricter guidelines" on shovelware(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys-stricter-guidelines-on-shovelware-playstation-games-are-reportedly-targeting-more-developers/), and the company's intent to remove as many of these games as possible(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-cracks-down-on-over-1000-digital-playstation-games-from-the-same-publisher/1100-6537423/), some online have suggested that Ternox Games got caught in the crossfire. Sony has been in hot water lately, especially following the announcement that the company plans to stop producing physical PlayStation discs in January 2028(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-confirms-playstation-disc-production-will-end-in-2028/). Under just about every post and video the company puts out are comments(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-tries-to-change-the-subject-after-killing-playstation-discs/) from netizens decrying Sony's decision. It's come to the point where over 220,000 people have signed a petition(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/over-220000-people-petition-sony-not-to-kill-physical-playstation-game-discs/) urging the company to change its mind.

🎮 PS5 Game Dev Says Sony
GameSpotNewsabout 11 hours ago