Last Flag Ending New Content Updates Amid Low Player Numbers
🖥 PC, Multi-platformNews
🎮 Last Flag Ending New Content

Last Flag Ending New Content Updates Amid Low Player Numbers

GameSpot » All News RSS FeedEddie Makuch3 min read(4 months ago)

Overview & Key Takeaways

Last Flag, the third-person shooter from Imagine Dragons singer Dan Reynolds and developer Night Street Games, has not reached enough players to support the development of new content beyond what was planned already. The game isn't shutting down, however.

"We don't want to kill our game--we want to give it to the community who helped us get here," the developers said in a Steam post. "Although our player count is not currently where we need it to be to support additional development beyond our upcoming planned patches, we are shifting our focus to make sure those updates give tons of value and control to our players so the game can continue to thrive and grow."

In the next few months, Last Flag will add its promised new content, including a new character, a new map, and a new mode, along with more cosmetics and the introduction of leaderboards and custom rulesets.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Last Flag, the third-person shooter from Imagine Dragons singer Dan Reynolds and developer Night Street Games, has not reached enough players to support the development of new content beyond what was planned already. The game isn't shutting down, however.

"We don't want to kill our game--we want to give it to the community who helped us get here," the developers said in a Steam post. "Although our player count is not currently where we need it to be to support additional development beyond our upcoming planned patches, we are shifting our focus to make sure those updates give tons of value and control to our players so the game can continue to thrive and grow."

In the next few months, Last Flag will add its promised new content, including a new character, a new map, and a new mode, along with more cosmetics and the introduction of leaderboards and custom rulesets.

Instead of new content beyond this, Night Street Games will shift its focus to "replayability, community support, and empowering our players to write the next chapter of Last Flag."

Some of the new game rules coming to Last Flag will be inspired by games like GoldenEye, Team Fortress 2, and Super Smash Bros., the developer said.

"Thank you for the awesome matches, the feedback, and the many words of support. Our game belongs to you now, and we hope to continue capturing flags with you for years to come," it added.

Last Flag launched on April 14, and while the game boasts an impressive "Mostly Positive" aggregate review score on Steam, it has not attracted a big audience of players. Steam data showed that it peaked at 558 players and has fallen off in a big way since then, with just 11 people playing the game right now on Steam. The game is also available on the Epic Games Store, but player population data is not public.

The game costs $15, and it has free trials every weekend, but this was apparently not enough to drive enough interest in the game. It launched into a crowded market for live-service multiplayer games, with many failing to find audiences and shutting down.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Share:

More in PC, Multi-platform

This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard is just $35🖥 PC, Multi-platform

This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard is just $35

Are you curious about custom mechanical keyboards, but don’t want to spend hundreds just to get started without being sure you’ll enjoy the hobby? You can grab the 65-percent Glorious GMMK 3 mechanical keyboard at Woot for $34.99 (usually $139.99) by entering the coupon code WOOTGAMING at checkout, and first-time Woot customers will get an &8230;

🎮 This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard
TheNewsabout 11 hours ago
Bethesda Warns Skyrim & Fallout 4 Players of Mod-breaking Update🖥 PC, Multi-platform

Bethesda Warns Skyrim & Fallout 4 Players of Mod-breaking Update

Steam players on PC will be especially affected once Bethesda releases the patches for its RPGs on August 18.

🎮 Skyrim🎮 Fallout
PolygonNewsabout 11 hours ago
PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Won’t Say Why🖥 PlayStation, PC, Multi-platform

PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Won’t Say Why

It appears Sony is preparing to remove an entire studio's library from the PlayStation Store after August 23, according to Ukrainian developer Ternox Games. The developer behind Stonks-9800(https://www.gamespot.com/games/stonks-9800-stock-market-simulator/), a stock market sim with an '80s vibe, took to X on August 16(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708) to reveal the news. Ternox Games stated that, without any reason, their contract with Sony was "unilaterally terminated" and all of their games will be pulled soon. And now, Stonks-9800--which has been in Steam Early Access since July 2023 and has an "overwhelmingly positive" rating on the platform--will no longer make its way to PS5 as a result of this termination. https://twitter.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708 "Sony PlayStation unilaterally terminated my PlayStation developer and publisher agreement without giving me any reason," the developer wrote. "My existing games are scheduled to be removed from the PlayStation Store after August 23." In a follow-up X post(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021555342823477), Ternox Games said PlayStation Support "refuses to listen to my arguments or even respond to my emails in any way." As a result, Stonks-9800 is no longer launching on PlayStation 5, and they will no longer be able to self-publish on PlayStation. 13 games, some of which Ternox Games published, will be pulled after August 23. "I had hoped to release the PS5 version in 2027 and make a physical disc edition while that was still possible," the studio continued. "Sadly, that will not happen--but I'll do my best to create a physical edition for PC and Switch. I'm really sorry that this happened and that I failed the developers whose games I published. But there's nothing I can do about it now, unfortunately. I still have a tiny bit of hope that this decision will be reconsidered, so please share this message if you can." It's unclear why this is happening since Ternox Games' titles doesn't appear to fall under the shovelware category. However, due to Sony's "stricter guidelines" on shovelware(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys-stricter-guidelines-on-shovelware-playstation-games-are-reportedly-targeting-more-developers/), and the company's intent to remove as many of these games as possible(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-cracks-down-on-over-1000-digital-playstation-games-from-the-same-publisher/1100-6537423/), some online have suggested that Ternox Games got caught in the crossfire. Sony has been in hot water lately, especially following the announcement that the company plans to stop producing physical PlayStation discs in January 2028(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-confirms-playstation-disc-production-will-end-in-2028/). Under just about every post and video the company puts out are comments(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-tries-to-change-the-subject-after-killing-playstation-discs/) from netizens decrying Sony's decision. It's come to the point where over 220,000 people have signed a petition(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/over-220000-people-petition-sony-not-to-kill-physical-playstation-game-discs/) urging the company to change its mind.

🎮 PS5 Game Dev Says Sony
GameSpotNewsabout 15 hours ago