Fortnite D4vd item refunds will be available immediately after murder charge
๐Ÿ–ฅ PC, Multi-platformNews
๐ŸŽฎ Fortnite๐ŸŽฎ Celeste๐ŸŽฎ Fortnite D4vd item refunds#Gaming#Fortnite

Fortnite D4vd item refunds will be available immediately after murder charge

Polygon RSS Feedโœ Oli Welshโฑ 2 min read(4 months ago)

Overview & Key Takeaways

Epic Games said it would offer refunds as the first of several changes following singer David "D4vd" Burke's charge in the murder of Celeste Rivas

Epic Games has said it will offer "immediate self-service refunds" to players who purchased Fortnite cosmetics and jam tracks linked to the singer David "D4vd" Burke, who was charged with first-degree murder last week.

The self-service refunds will be available from Tuesday, April 28, according to the official Fortnite Status X account. Players who don't want to wait can request a refund right now via player support channels; Fortnite players who requested refunds for D4vd-related items as far back as September 2025 are reportedly receiving those refunds now.

Epic did not say if it had plans to remove the D4vd items from the game completely, or to offer an option for players who obtained them by means other than purchasing to delete them from their accounts. However, it said the self-service refunds are the first of "a bunch of changes we're rolling out over time," so it's still possible these will be implemented.

Burke is closely linked to the video games and anime communities, and especially to Fortnite. He started out making music for Fortnite montages, and his song "Locked & Loaded" was named an official Fortnite anthem by Epic. In-game, D4vd emotes and a pack of cosmetic items were available, alongside two jam tracks. Some items could be won by participating in the "D4vd Cup" event in 2024. Though still present in the game, the items haven't been available to buy for some time.

Burke is charged with murdering Celeste Rivas, a minor whose body was found decomposing in a car registered to the singer seven months ago, and with whom he is alleged to have had a sexual relationship. He's being held in custody without bail. Burke's attorneys say they will defend his innocence.

Share:

More in PC, Multi-platform

This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard is just $35๐Ÿ–ฅ PC, Multi-platform

This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard is just $35

Are you curious about custom mechanical keyboards, but donโ€™t want to spend hundreds just to get started without being sure youโ€™ll enjoy the hobby? You can grab the 65-percent Glorious GMMK 3 mechanical keyboard at Woot for $34.99 (usually $139.99) by entering the coupon code WOOTGAMING at checkout, and first-time Woot customers will get an &8230;

๐ŸŽฎ This compact Glorious mechanical keyboard
TheNewsabout 16 hours ago
Bethesda Warns Skyrim & Fallout 4 Players of Mod-breaking Update๐Ÿ–ฅ PC, Multi-platform

Bethesda Warns Skyrim & Fallout 4 Players of Mod-breaking Update

Steam players on PC will be especially affected once Bethesda releases the patches for its RPGs on August 18.

๐ŸŽฎ Skyrim๐ŸŽฎ Fallout
PolygonNewsabout 16 hours ago
PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Wonโ€™t Say Why๐Ÿ–ฅ PlayStation, PC, Multi-platform

PS5 Game Dev Says Sony Is Removing Its Catalog And Wonโ€™t Say Why

It appears Sony is preparing to remove an entire studio's library from the PlayStation Store after August 23, according to Ukrainian developer Ternox Games. The developer behind Stonks-9800(https://www.gamespot.com/games/stonks-9800-stock-market-simulator/), a stock market sim with an '80s vibe, took to X on August 16(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708) to reveal the news. Ternox Games stated that, without any reason, their contract with Sony was "unilaterally terminated" and all of their games will be pulled soon. And now, Stonks-9800--which has been in Steam Early Access since July 2023 and has an "overwhelmingly positive" rating on the platform--will no longer make its way to PS5 as a result of this termination. https://twitter.com/Taimumari/status/2089021552012525708 "Sony PlayStation unilaterally terminated my PlayStation developer and publisher agreement without giving me any reason," the developer wrote. "My existing games are scheduled to be removed from the PlayStation Store after August 23." In a follow-up X post(https://x.com/Taimumari/status/2089021555342823477), Ternox Games said PlayStation Support "refuses to listen to my arguments or even respond to my emails in any way." As a result, Stonks-9800 is no longer launching on PlayStation 5, and they will no longer be able to self-publish on PlayStation. 13 games, some of which Ternox Games published, will be pulled after August 23. "I had hoped to release the PS5 version in 2027 and make a physical disc edition while that was still possible," the studio continued. "Sadly, that will not happen--but I'll do my best to create a physical edition for PC and Switch. I'm really sorry that this happened and that I failed the developers whose games I published. But there's nothing I can do about it now, unfortunately. I still have a tiny bit of hope that this decision will be reconsidered, so please share this message if you can." It's unclear why this is happening since Ternox Games' titles doesn't appear to fall under the shovelware category. However, due to Sony's "stricter guidelines" on shovelware(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys-stricter-guidelines-on-shovelware-playstation-games-are-reportedly-targeting-more-developers/), and the company's intent to remove as many of these games as possible(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-cracks-down-on-over-1000-digital-playstation-games-from-the-same-publisher/1100-6537423/), some online have suggested that Ternox Games got caught in the crossfire. Sony has been in hot water lately, especially following the announcement that the company plans to stop producing physical PlayStation discs in January 2028(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-confirms-playstation-disc-production-will-end-in-2028/). Under just about every post and video the company puts out are comments(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-tries-to-change-the-subject-after-killing-playstation-discs/) from netizens decrying Sony's decision. It's come to the point where over 220,000 people have signed a petition(https://www.gamespot.com/articles/over-220000-people-petition-sony-not-to-kill-physical-playstation-game-discs/) urging the company to change its mind.

๐ŸŽฎ PS5 Game Dev Says Sony
GameSpotNewsabout 20 hours ago